You want to learn or improve your French? This 4-week intensive program is made just for you:
• Language course focusing on professional French • company visits • rich and varied sociocultural activities. This summer, come and experience what life in Montreal has to offer…
“ Thanks for organizing this Business French immersion program this summer; it was a wonderful experience! I would strongly suggest this program to anyone who’s considering to improve their French in a short period of time and to students who want to experience living away for the summer and find out what it’s like living in Montreal!”
Jaymie Park, Canada – Summer School 2017
“ Many thanks for all the activities that were offered in this Business French Summer School. I will always have fond memories of my stay at HEC Montréal Business School and in Canada as a whole.”
Juan YIN, China – Summer School 2017
“ Teresa and Blanca have greatly improved their level in French. The classes were very active and fun. The teachers were also extremely nice and the workshops most useful. So many activities were part and parcel of this Business French Summer School. And the city, Montreal, is a great place to spend the summer! Beautiful!”
Maria Lorente (mother and aunt of two participants), Venezuela / Spain – Summer School 2017
“ I enrolled in this summer program hoping to learn about the culture and business environment of Montreal, improve my French, and meet new and interesting people from around the world. I believe that this Business French Summer School surpassed these goals by far. ”
Seth Hewitt, United States – Summer 2016.
“ I really loved this program because I’ve met people from around the world, which has been great to expand my own social network. This program is also an ideal opportunity to get to know the culture of Quebec and that of Montreal in particular. ”
Lena Hillert, Erasmus University, The Netherlands. Summer 2015.
“ Thank you for one of the best summers I’ve ever had. I couldn’t have asked for a better course or city to be in. I really did love every minute of it and I miss Montreal a lot. I learnt so much whilst I was there and made so many friends and memories. It really is something which has made a big impact on my life and I have told my university just how highly I rated this summer school. ”
Rebecca Thomas, University of Hull, UK. Summer 2014.
Why Study French ?
- French, a language spoken around the world. French is spoken by more than 200 million people on the 5 continents.
- Forbes Magazine recently referred to a study conducted by the investment bank Natixis that suggests that by 2050, due to the fastest-growing economies of French-speaking Africa, French could be the most-spoken language in the world, ahead of English and even Mandarin.
- French brings an added value to your professional career. Mastering French can represent a major asset and will multiply your chances in today’s job market within your country of origin or internationally.
- French, the other language of international relations. Numerous international organizations use French as their official language: United Nations, European Union, UNESCO, NATO, among others.
- French, a language for thought and debate. French is a language that enables one to better structure one’s thoughts and put ideas into perspective, two qualities essential in the workplace.
Overview of the Business French Summer School
This Summer School is designed to address a wide audience (students, executives, professionals, etc.) and does not require any prior specific knowledge in business.
HEC Montréal is the only graduate school of management in North America to offer a Business French Summer School. Geared towards not only students but also professionals, this unique immersion program comprises the following aspects:
- Placement tests, oral and written, administered on Day 1 of the program
- Levels offered : from total Beginner (Level 1) to Intermediate/Advanced (Level 4)
- Class size : between 10 to 16 participants on average – Minimum age required : 18*
*Except for students admitted in a graduating program of study at HEC Montréal
- Business French courses in the morning, focusing on the 4 language skills : writing, reading, listening and speaking
- Credited course* (3 credits). Course Certificate awarded upon successful completion of the program
*For all the other participants, the transfer of credits will be subject to approbation of their university of origin if they still hold a student status.
- Interactive oral communication workshops in the afternoon, focusing on competencies and themes in connection with the business world
- Seminars and conferences in Marketing and Management on the theme of creativity: Establishing and managing small and medium-sized companies – Urban Marketing – Managing cultural organizations*
*These seminars and conferences will be conducted in French and will be open to students in Levels 2 to 4. Participants who were placed at the Beginner level (Level 1) on Day 1 of the program will take part in extra communication workshops instead.
- Company visits: Prominent Montreal small and medium-sized companies – Socially-responsible companies – Hydro-Québec – Radio-Canada Broadcasting Corporation – Cirque Éloize – Moment Factory multimedia studio – La TOHU
- Socio-cultural and sports activities in the afternoon, conducted in French by our dynamic team of French-speaking guides
- Numerous optional activities, all accompanied in the evening by our team of French-speaking guides
Business French Courses Outlines
Dates – Schedule – Tuition Fees
The Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal is a 4-week immersion program.
Dates: From Monday July 16 to Friday August 10, 2018
This one-of-a-kind immersion program in North America combines intensive Business French courses (from total Beginner to Intermediate/ Advanced), interactive oral communication workshops, seminars and conferences in Marketing and Management, company visits as well as numerous socio-cultural activities and outings designed to discover the city of Montreal (+/- 135 hours).
This Business French Summer School will allow you over a relatively short period of time (4 weeks) to live an enriching linguistic and cultural experience on both a personal and professional level.
Business French Summer School – Language and Culture – Length : 4 weeks
The Tuition Fees Cover:
|Registration fee ($200 CA), non refundable|
|135 hours of training, activities and outings (optional activities conducted in French included)|
|Breakfast on Induction Day (Day 1 of the program)|
|Cocktail reception during the photography contest “Montréal, ma réalité“|
|Buffet for the Closing Ceremony|
Tuition Fees (taxes included) $1 875 CA
Payment for this Summer School (Registration fees and optional Lodging, if applicable) is to be made only by credit card. Payment by debit card is not available.
You may complete your transaction on our secure web server (https).
Upon registration, you will have two payment options: one lump sum payment (100% of total cost) or two payments (Payment 1: 25% of total cost; followed by Payment 2: the remaining 75%.)
Total registration cost (100%), including Lodging option, if applicable, must be received no later than June 28.
After this date, please contact HEC Montréal Business Language Training Center to inquire if there are any openings for registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
In any case, the cost for Registration must be paid in full (100%) before the starting date of the Summer School.
Confidentiality and Information Security Policy
The on-line purchase on the website of HEC Montréal complies with SSL standards of transmission which ensure the secure transmission of your transaction. As a consequence, this message cannot be intercepted, distorted or decoded by a third party. Furthermore, your payment is made directly to Desjardins financial institution. HEC Montréal has no access to your credit card number.
IMPORTANT: Is travel insurance mandatory in order to enroll in the Business French Summer School at HEC Montréal?
YES, it is MANDATORY for all international participants to acquire travel insurance covering medical, hospital and evacuation expenses to one’s country of origin in case of medical emergency. This travel insurance, covering the Summer School period (30 days), will be automatically included in your online registration. The cost is $167 CA per person.
NO: Canadian or Permanent Residents of Canada born outside the Province of Quebec must verify the reimbursement procedures with their Provincial Healthcare system should an emergency occur during their stay in Montreal. For a greater piece of mind, it is always possible to acquire additional travel insurance.