Founded in 1907, the École des hautes études commerciales de Montréal, better known today as HEC Montréal, was the first business school established in Canada. HEC Montréal was also the first university business school in North America to be awarded the three most prestigious accreditations in its field: AACSB International, EQUIS and AMBA. Fewer than 1% of all business schools around the world hold the three international accréditations.
AMBA – Association of MBAs
Received accreditation in 2002 | Renewed accreditation in 2007 and in 2012
AACSB International – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
Received accreditation in 2003 | Renewed accreditation in 2014
Bolstered by this threefold international recognition, the quality of its study programs and its accomplished Faculty, today HEC Montréal ranks amongst the top university business schools worldwide.
HEC Montréal – Facts and Figures*:
- More than 13,000 students at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels
- Students hailing from 147 countries worldwide
- 118 partnerships with universities and major business schools in 38 countries
- 8 Campus Abroad programs
- More than 50 research chairs and centres
- 260 full-time faculty and over 500 part-time faculty members
- 531 staff members
- 78 000 graduates since 1907